5 Tips for Using Your Voicemail System Without Being Intrusive
We all know the feeling that comes after seeing that almost a third of our voicemail messages are random telemarketing copies. Consumers are tired of telemarketing voicemails especially the ‘ringless’ ones. So the big question is how you can reach out to the broad client base without sounding like a telemarketer.
How can you make your voicemail messages less intrusive and beneficial to both the customer and your company? This article gives you some tips on how can make the most out of your voicemail system without ‘pestering’ the prospects.
- Compliance – the first thing to do when your setup your voicemail system is to ensure that it is compliant with the state laws and regulations. Ensure that its operations do not contravene with any privacy law to avoid landing yourself in deep litigations.
- Be Short, Brief and Relevant – the number one reason why people don’t listen to voicemail messages is that most of them do not relate to the voicemail Also, use CRM data to gain more insight of the client before crafting a message. Customer-centric messages have high conversion rate than the generic ones.
- It’s About the Prospect, Not You – voicemail services almost failed and still has a bad reputation they are treated as sales channels. Instead of beginning your message like “It’s Liam from XX company,” start with the prospects name, like, “Hi, Carol. I’m calling to inform you about xx…” There are chances that people would listen to your call if they know it’s about them.
- Keep Them Short (Under 30 Seconds) – we all have plenty to do, right? We even forget to check online voicemail messages at times, but we do want our voicemails to be answered. Uh, quite ironical. We tend to listen to short rather than long messages. It’s human nature. So when designing your voicemail service system, remember to keep the messages under 30 seconds but no less than 20 seconds. Be straightforward, succinct and clear-cut in your messages.
- Value Prospecting, Not Selling – when preparing standard or online voicemail messages to let’s not focus on today’s results but rather the end results. What’s the purpose of trying to sell and end up losing a valuable lead? Let us make our voicemail system unique and different by crafting messages that attract the attention of the prospect. These are personalized messages crafted based on previous interactions of the lead on social media channels and marketplace forums.
Therefore, they keynote here is the ability of your voicemail system to integrate with tools such as CRM and autodialers to give you more insight on the prospect. Nectar Desk is one of the market leaders providing impeccable cloud services for contact centers. We’ve voicemail systems that can be configured to befit your business needs. If interested, you can start off with a free-trial just to test our powerful voicemail systems.