Working Your Way Out to Success: Call Monitoring and Quality Assurance in Call Centers
Often than not, companies run expensive call monitoring and quality assurance strategies and programs, but the results are usually undesirable. The question is, what are those call center quality monitoring best practices? What should you do different and make the quality assurance strategies you’ve put in place productive?
Having developed cloud contact center systems for various businesses, we’ve learned that most enterprises don’t take monitoring and quality assurance seriously as it should be. Here are some of the call center quality monitoring best practices that can deliver the intended results.
Defining Objectives and Developing Achievable Targets
Call center quality assurance best practices begin with setting clear objectives and notifying your entire team about their roles towards the realization of the set goals. Based on these goals, lay down the foundation of the system.
You can do this by;
- Ensuring you have the required hardware, software and human resources to undertake the project
- Training a particular group who will be mandated to spearhead call center quality assurance tasks
- Piloting the project on a specific section – say marketing – to pinpoint areas where it may need changes
- Identify the method of evaluating KPIs
Keeping the System Running – Call Center Quality Monitoring Best Practices
With solid framework in place, you can now weigh the anchor and cruise your system. But while sailing there are still things you need to do to ensure you stay on course. Here are some the things to do:
- Monitoring the entire process should be done from start to finish. Conversations selected for monitoring should begin from when the calls are placed to the time when the clients’ requests are satisfactorily handled.
- Also, monitoring needs to be carried out across multiple channels to get a broader picture of the situation. Consider conversations that ended well, those that ran long, those that involved multiple agents, those involving high-value clients and those ending with unclear resolutions for the client. Analyze such clusters to help you optimize the system to encourage agents to deliver high first-contact resolution results.
- Helping the agent. Agents’ feedback is fundamental to fruitful conversations. As a manager recognize agents based on their abilities and use tools such as ACD to route them to clients requiring their professional help. Enhance peer-to-peer coaching, rotate teams and provide reviews and let them know what customers are saying about them and what they think should be improved.
- Calibrating the system is a sure-fire way of ensuring that everyone is on the same page is contact center quality assurance best practice. Quality assurance tends to be subjective, but by augmenting views from everyone, you can develop objective For instance, you can use different evaluators and scorecards to analyze the same conversation. Note the differences and build an equilibrium.
The effectiveness of a call center quality assurance strategy is dependent on the call center software. Choose the right software to implement your contact center quality assurance best practices. That’s a software that is scalable, affordable, flexible, secure and easy-to-use. That is what Nectar Desk call center software provides. Our tools include quality monitoring, reporting, and analytic capabilities. Just contact us, and we’ll work you through the entire process.