Quick Summary of key changes within Nectar Desk in September
- Ability to select Playback and Recording Devices
We have added ability for agents to select device to Ring on Inbound calls and have it different from the default Playback device. This is very useful for agents who don’t wear headset all the time and facing the risk to miss a call because couldn’t hear that the call is coming in. So now agents are able to play Ring,for example, on external speakers and handle actual conversation in Headset.
To manage Ringing device, microphones and playback device please follow next steps:
- Click on setting wheel within Dial Pad
- Select appropriate devices in Setting Pop Up
2. Support for Multiple E-mail boxes in Ticketing System
Previously Nectar Desk had a single general Inbox to handle all inbound emails / tickets and now for organizations who want to handle different email addresses separately we have added ability to add multiple email queues.
To set it up please follow next steps:
- Under Tickets click on Ticket Settings and use Add Inbox to add all the email addresses you would like to treat separately in Nectar Desk.
- Make sure to forward email to appropriate email address
- Manage Emails through the drop-down under Tickets
3. Ability to Pause Call Recordings
Some time call recording needs to be paused or stopped, for example for PCI compliance purposes to avoid having credit card information recorded and stored
To set up please follow next steps:
- In General Setting Manage this functionality and click Submit at the bottom (only available for Admin users)
- Manage appropriately in Dial Pad
4. Web Form / Contact Form —->>>>> Nectar Desk To Do list
This is super useful for businesses who have “Contact” forms on their web site and would like to make sure that all requests are handled properly by the team. As well as to make sure that multiple agents do not contact the same person / lead.
How does that work:
- Form is filled on your web site
- Request is appearing under To Do section in Nectar Desk from where agents can claim ownership for the request and handle it appropriately
Not activated in your account? Please contact Support and we will get it going for you
5. Added support for OPUS codec
We have completely rebuilt our WebRTC Dial Pad and if visually there is not much changed at the back there are a lot of improvements related to Call Handling and Call Quality. From now on all calls are handled using OPUS codec which delivers up to 50% higher call quality compare to technologies used in the past
Below you could see comparison chart:
We are looking forward to bring more improvements and enhancements in October, please always reach out to us with your feedback!