15 Tips to Enhance Call Center Scheduling Process
Businesses are struggling to meet bottom lines by churning up models that can bring the best in teams. In call centers, scheduling software is one of the most useful tools that help in emplacing agents in the right departments. The call center scheduling software also monitors customers’ behavior to draw patterns that can help predict days when the business expects an influx of clients.
Often than not, most agent managers don’t leverage the full benefits of the call scheduling software. We’ve highlighted 15 tips you can use to tweak your call center to create a more efficient workplace without overstaffing or understaffing.
Good Call Center Scheduling Software Practices
- First, equip yourself with the basics of the software then train your agents
- Take note of the peak and off-peak hours so that you can leverage on on-demand agents
- Manage shifts effectively to prevent work overload which can reduce productivity of individual agents
- Use the call center forecasting software alongside other software in the call center to promote cross-training and whisper coaching
- Introduce work from home system whereby agents working in the physical office can get immediate help during peak hours
- Introduce multi-interface call center scheduling software, so that agent managers have the option of using the software on their iPhones, Android devices and PCs anywhere they want
- Use the analytic tools provided by the software to come up with call metrics that can assist you in designing accurate schedules.
- Use the software to stock agents’ skills and expertise so that you can easily merge an agent’s skills with the right department
- Incentivize agents that adhere to the schedule
- Allocate other tasks to agents when they are not fielding calls
- Provide agents with a variety of options; allow them to swap, take breaks and adjust their schedules.
- Don’t stash aside the importance of personal tastes and preferences. Schedule agents based on what they love – this increases productivity.
- Optimize the schedule by taking into account political factors, seasonal factors, weather conditions and regional-specific factors
- Outline the policies, rules, and regulations governing the scheduling process in a clear manner
- Leverage on workplace collaboration tools to allow agents connect with others operating in other companies.
Choosing The Best Call Center Workforce Management Software
With effective scheduling tips at your fingertips, what will determine the success of the entire process is the quality of the software that you’ve integrated with your call center systems. A herculean workforce management software unifies all the metrics (call handling stats, agent availability, peak hours, the accuracy of forecasts, etc.) in one place allowing you to make accurate decisions.
The security of the data the workforce management solution has gathered is important. First, in case of natural disasters how safe is the data? And two, can someone snoop over your systems and steal vital company’s information. Another aspect is to consider a solution that offers powerful recruiting and onboarding systems.
The time to act is now – examine your business and analyze what needs to scrapped off and replaced and what needs to be kept. Manage your workforce efficiently by combining the robust features of a call center scheduling software and flexibility of a tested workforce management solution. Talk to us at Nectar Desk, and we’ll help build a unique and customized system for you.